Pet dental cleaning & care is important to your pet’s health
At our Chandler Gilbert Animal Hospital, your cat’s or dog’s dental cleaning includes:
- Complete consultation and oral exam done by one of our Veterinary Dental Specialists.
- We test all organ function and other pre-anesthetic blood work prior to anesthesia and identify any risks or abnormalities.
- Electronic Monitoring, IV fluids and General Anesthesia – We are highly trained and experienced in pet anesthesia. You cat or dog’s anesthesia will be individualized to meet your pet’s needs and your pet will be monitored throughout the entire process.
- Dental X-rays (Digital) – Digital x-rays or radio-graphs all us to get a closer look of your pet’s mouth and helps to identify fractured teeth, periodontal disease or oral cancer. These problems would not be visible without digital radio-graphs or X-rays.
- Thorough, teeth polishing and teeth cleaning (prophy)
- Copies of EKG, Dental X-rays and anesthetic charts.
- The comfort of knowing your pet is receiving critical dental cleanings that can save you money down the road and prevent future dental disease for you pet.
Most pets should receive a dental exam at least once a year. This dental exam includes, subgingival and supragingival cleaning, polishing, intraoral evaluation and further periodontal therapy. Pet dental cleanings at Augusta Animal Ranch Hospital involves removal of calculus and plaque, either with sonic/ultrasonic instruments listed above, hand instruments or gingival margin, intra-oral radio-graphs, periodontal probing, charting and more treatments such as extractions if needed or deep periodontal therapy.
After the oral examination is complete, the initial treatment plan is set. The veterinarian will discuss different options and then the client will be able to decide of the treatment plan that best suits their pet. Next, the patient(pet) is anesthetized and the periodontal therapy begins. After the therapy is complete, you will be given take home instructions for caring for your pet from home.